SQL Server Business Intelligence

SQL SERVER 2005 & 2008 IS THE MAIN THEME OF THIS BLOG

Friday, December 09, 2005

Auditing Data Flow Task

I would like to audit number of rows read from source, inserted, updated etc. You can use out of the box Row Count component to get the number of rows processed at a given point and time and assign it to a variable as Jamie explained well in his post.

I was talking to Mark and said it would be nice if we could have something to do this using an Event Handler, which means we don’t have to have multiple variables in a package etc. We discussed it and the wiz-kid wrong a component which lets me do what I wanted to achieve. Using this component I can get the number of rows processed into a single variable at a given time and fire an event handler to insert it into an audit table. You can see what Mark has done here.

I will do a blog soon, with simple demo explaining all the details.

Thanks
Sutha

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home