SQL Server Business Intelligence

SQL SERVER 2005 & 2008 IS THE MAIN THEME OF THIS BLOG

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Single Source File With Multiple Files

One of the requirments I came across today was interesting. Each outlet has a specific menu file. Therefore we receive aournd 2000 menu files. Each menu file from system does have 8 different file types. I need to shread the data send 8 files out to different destinations. First 2 characters identifies the file type.

I have written a script component to do this. Script Component is the source. I have attached the sample package and sample text file I have used. In this example I have used 2 types of files just to prove the point that it works. You can download sample package from here.

Thanks
Sutha

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home