SQL Server Business Intelligence

SQL SERVER 2005 & 2008 IS THE MAIN THEME OF THIS BLOG

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Shredding Recordset Object In ForEach Loop - While Using Checkpoint

I think this got to be one of the annoying bugs within SSIS.

I have a SQL Task which returns the result set to a variable called "Pkg_Obj_ResultRet".

Then using Foreach Loop container I shredd the result set. I have a Foreach ADO Enumerator and the Enumeration Mode is set to Rows in the first table. Shredded results are mapped to 2 variables called Pkg_Str_SSISStreamName and Pkg_Str_SSISVarNameControlFile.

Inside Foreach Loop Container I have "Execute Package Task" which execute package using these variables. Here comes the fun.

The iteration works fine first time, runs the second iteration successfully and then it try to run second iteration in an infinite loop.

This happens when you have SaveCheckPoints option set to True. If you want to use checkpoint, you can't get this to work unless you set the Foreach Loop TransactionOption = Required.

I think this is a bug and I have raised it with Microsoft.

Thanks
Sutha

2 Comments:

  • At 5:21 AM, Blogger Chetan said…

    Hi Sutha

    I'm also having the same problem. Did u got any solution for it?

    Chetan
    chetan.bn.mahajan@gmail.com

     
  • At 1:31 AM, Blogger Sutha Thiru said…

    Chetan

    TO be honest with u I haven’t tried it. I did implement a work around on that project. Since then I haven’t looked at yet. Have you got SP2 and still is it same issue?

    I did log this as bug and MS closed it and told me it has been fixed
    http://tsutha.blogspot.com/2006/08/shredding-recordset-object-in-foreach.html

    But to be honest with you I didn’t check this since I put SP2

    Thanks
    Sutha

     

Post a Comment

<< Home