SQL Server Business Intelligence

SQL SERVER 2005 & 2008 IS THE MAIN THEME OF THIS BLOG

Monday, July 31, 2006

Processing Dimensions, Partions and Re-Building Aggregations

This package is very similar what Jamie has already posted. I have written a simple package which process all dimensions and process 3 specific partitions (current fiscal period, current fiscal period -1 and current fiscal period -2).

Once I have processed all the dimensions and 3 partitions in selected measure groups, I rebuild aggregations (using Process Index) for each measure group.



I have used XMLA and Execute DDL statement tasks to achieve this.

You can download the sample package from here. Please note that I have set DelayValidation = TRUE, to avoid any errors.

Thanks
Sutha

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home